Thursday, March 18, 2021

Blog #1: Top Sources of News

 


1. Twitter:

Twitter, while not the first site I turn to for news, is a site I use to complement information and news I find on other sites. Whenever something happens, big or small, there is almost always somebody who comments or posts about the topic on Twitter. For example if I find that a company has released a new product that I am interested in, they will have more than likely released a statement about it on Twitter.



2. Facebook:

While younger people like myself may not use facebook for communication, like other social media platforms, it is a great source of news for different groups or organizations you want to follow. You are able to follow or join specific groups on Facebook and will see their updates and posts in your feed.



3. Gamespress

Because of my current job as a news writer for an online gaming magazine, I need to be able to find and follow the most recent releases or major news stories the day that they are most relevant. In order to do this, I constantly use Gamespress because it is constantly updating and showing the most recent press releases in the gaming industry, and often even has press kits linked to each posting.



4. CNN:

In terms of TV news networks, I usually turn to CNN. Usually it is not my choice to watch news channels on TV but due to the chaos triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic, my parents usually put it on in the afternoon. I do not have a reasoning for CNN over other networks, other than they report on topics that are more important to me than other networks. I usually take the information I receive from the network with a grain of salt, as I recognize that TV networks especially are very biased and politically driven.


5. Gameinformer:

Gameinformer is a gaming magazine, and the only magazine that I still currently read and subscribe to. The content featured in this magazine includes information on upcoming video game releases, tech industry news, and video game reviews. This is not a source that I use for the most current information, as the info included is usually a few weeks behind due to the nature of physical magazines. However I still like looking through whenever I have free time like in the car or at the beach, and usually will find information that I didn't know about beforehand.



No comments:

Post a Comment